SEWING PROJECTS              HOME DECOR               DID YOU KNOW?              DIY TUTORIALS               ALL THE OTHER STUFF
30.10.2015
AMY BUTLER SEAT CUSHION



My first home decor post! [view more]
Mein erster home decor post! [weiter lesen]

A little while ago I had the Idea to sew some cushions for my two chairs I have out in the garden. It turned out, that once finished, I decided to keep them indoor because I liked them so much and I was afraid they would get nasty and old too fast :-) Meanwhile they have been used  A LOT and you can tell by looking at them. So that´s the only picture I have of them just after I finished to sew them. Thank God I took it so I can post it here for you! I will surely make some more of them since they are so comfortable and a very nice interior eyecacher!!
I made the pattern myself by measuring the seating area of the chairs they were meant for and decided of a 12cm height. They are filled with a foam in the size I wanted the cushion to be. I have inserted a rope at the edges which I thought would look very nice. The fabric is from the Designer Amy Butler. For those of you who don´t know her wonderful prints I recommend to have a look at her website (link below) OMG I looooove her designs sooooo much that I literally get lost everytime I am looking through her fabrics. The colours, the pattens, the flowers. What can I say: it just makes me HAPPY! The two fabrics I used are from the collection "daisy chain", which is limited now since it is quite a while ago. But you can still get them if you are lucky in fabric shops where they sell Amy Butler. The names are: Pressed Flowers / Turquoise AB39I and Clematis / Grey AB4. I also own a book of hers. See picture and link below, where she presents her living style. It was a huge insipiration for me when I was decorating my home.

Download the tutorial (pdf) on how to sew you cushion! You can choose the size you want and also the thickness of your rope-border. Don't forget to add 1.5cm seam allowance. Have fun!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bMSZknUorEM2xydjNtNUZwTzg/view
 
Es ist schon eine Weile her als ich diese zwei Kissen für meine Gartenstühle genäht habe. Als ich aber fertig war entschied ich doch, dass ich sie für den internen Gebrauch behalte, denn sie waren mir schlichtweg zu schade für draussen... ich wollte lange daran Freude haben! Mittlerweile wurden sie schon stark genutzt und sind lange nicht mehr so schön wie auf dem Bild. Es ist das einzige was ich habe. Zum Glück habe ich es damals gemacht, so kann ich Euch davon berichten und es Euch zeigen! Ich werde in Zukunft sicher noch weitere solche Kissen machen, denn sie sind wirklich ein Blickfang in der Wohnung!!
Das Schnittmuster habe ich selbst gemacht, nachdem die Stühle ausgemessen wurden. Die Höhe habe ich auf 12cm gehalten. Die Füllung ist aus Schaumstoff, welcher lange die Form behält. An den Rändern habe ich ein Seil reingenäht und damit eine Borte kreiert. Der Stoff ist von der Designerin Amy Butler. Für die unter Euch die sie nicht kennen empfehle ich einen Blick auf ihre Webseite (siehe Link unten). Ihr werdet Euch gleich verlieben! Ich liebe ihre Designs und könnte mich stundenlange in ihren Farben, Blumen, Mustern verweilen. Sie machen mich einfach glücklich! Die zwei Stoffe die ich benutzt habe sind aus der Kollektion "daisy chain", welche heute nur noch in limitierter Auflage zu haben ist. Einige Stoffläden die Amy Butler verkaufen haben ev. noch Restposten davon. Die Namen sind: Pressed Flowers / Turquoise AB39I and Clematis / Grey AB4. Ich habe ebenfalls ein Buch von ihr (Bild und Link unten) wo sie ihren Wohnstil präsentiert. Eine immense Inspirationsquelle für mich und meine Hausdekoration.

hier geht's zum pdf mit einem kurzen Beschrieb wir Ihr das Kissen nachnähen könnt! Die Grösse und Höhe des Kissens ist variabel und so auch der Umfang der Bordüre (Seildicke). Für alle Teile 1.5cm Nahtzugabe rechnen! Viel Spass! 
 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bMSZknUorEM2xydjNtNUZwTzg/view

 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amy-Butlers-Midwest-Modern-Lifestyle/dp/1584795816/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1445528022&sr=1-10&keywords=amy+butler
 
 Stoff gekauft bei/fabric bought at: stoffart zur linde, feuerthalen
 
and some more pics just for the inspiration :-)
und hier noch ein paar Bilder einfach der Inspiration zuliebe :)
 
 
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen